Friday, October 5, 2012

And Now For Autumn

I can't believe it's been two months since my last blog.  The time has just ripped by.  Add that to the reality that everything takes way longer than I think it will and poof!  Two months are just gone.

The good news for us in the Northwest is that we are enjoying an absolutely fabulous fall.  Today is pretty typical of the last two weeks - sunny, breezy and low 70's.  Don't know whether to work in the yard or quilt.  Quilting seems less like work, but we Oregonians really hate to waste the sun.

My husband and I took the longest road trip we've had in 30 years, to an Oregon State football game, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe and the airplane races in Reno.  I've never been to Yosemite and found it both gorgeous and a bit overwhelming.  It was a little hazy, but you get the idea.





There must be a quilt in there someplace.

The airplane races were great fun.  We were only there the first day of five days, but it was really cool.
Check these babies out.  Might be a quilt there, too.






I visited a couple of quilt shops in Reno.  Found an app for my iPad that shows the nearest quilt shops wherever you are.  Now that's pretty fun.  My husband was a trooper for the quilt shop visits before the airplane races.  One shop was brilliantly sited two doors down from a wood working shop.  Someone was really thinking.

After a week with no actual sewing, I was ready to jump in when we got back.  I finished these two quilts (which are the same pattern).



The pattern will be available on the website next week.

And speaking of the website,  it is close to being new and improved.  It will have a better layout and be more secure.

Now I have to open the door and let some sunshine in.  If only I could save some up for winter and spring.


Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment