Friday, August 5, 2016

Lemonade and Limeade

Lemonade and Limeade

Last week I posted a picture of Lemonade Stand and put the pattern on sale.
Lemonade Stand
I like how summery it is and it’s one of the few times I’ve ventured into the world of pink.
This week, well actually, this morning, I pieced a new version, in runner form, called Limeade.  It’s not quilted or anything yet, but you get the idea. I made seven blocks which is just about right for a runner.
 DSCN1501 DSCN1500
While I generally don’t do much with pastels, these feel like sherbet which seems just right for hot August days.  The binding will be green and I may just quilt in some straws.
I was in Michael’s the other day and of course it’s wall to wall fall projects and decorations.  While I hate to wish away summer sunshine, my intellectual side knows that new fall projects, including quilts, need to get underway now.  I’ve got background done for an autumn hanging and now I’m working on some appliqué for it.  I’m finding out that one piece of fabric for background, even if it’s really cool,  just isn’t cutting it anymore.  Keeping in mind that it is background, it still needs some interest on its own.  It seems I’ve been leaning toward this for a while, but after a class with Rosalie Dace this summer, I’m recognizing it more.  Funny how sometimes somebody has to point out to me what my subconscious has been trying to tell me for some time.
The background for the quilt below came from Gloria Loughman’s book, Radiant Landscapes.  It was part of a class about working in a series and I started the day knowing just what I wanted it to look like.  I finished the top the same afternoon.  It’s called The Last Leaf.
DSCN1508
The background is a piece of hand dyed fabric that I cut up and rearranged to get the look I wanted.  It looks like I’ll be playing with backgrounds for a while.
Here’s a fall pattern that could be started now, so it’ll be ready for fall.  It’s called Colors of Fall.
HomePageQuilt
This was the first pattern Barbara and I created and it’s still a favorite of mine.  It features both piecing and fused appliqué, and is really easy.  Go to our Shopping Page to check it out.
I’m off to quilt my new runner and will show it off when it’s finished.
Have a safe and sunny weekend and don’t forget to quilt for fun.
Candy

Don't be selfish, Share!

Share to Facebook
Share to Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment