Sunday, March 3, 2013

Reviving a Broken Resolution

There once was a resolution to blog more.  And it went down the drain in record time.  Things just kind of got busy, you know?  Now it's March and the days are longer and there's a bit more sun and my spring energy is back.  I got to get out of town a couple of times in February which was worth dealing with the back-up of house and quilting when I got home.  

The first trip was skiing in Deer Valley, UT.  This one was taken in the evening when the sun was setting.  The snow, the weather and the company were all great.





Last weekend we spent on the coast outside Jacksonville, FL.  Imagine two days of mostly sunshine, palm trees and gentle breezes and one day of tornado watches.  I read, I lounged, I didn't take pictures.  Everyone needs a weekend like that once in a while.

Yesterday, Barb and I went to the Rose City Yarn Crawl.  We hit 13 stores in 8 hours.  I knit on occasion; Barb is much more fanatic.  Like quilt stores, each shop has its own charm and personality. There were so many textures and colors and ideas and friendly, helpful people. Also, one shop had some gorgeous felted art that just blew me away.   Barb is visiting 5 more today to qualify for the grand prize.  I don't know about her but I started asking if it was time for bed about 5 minutes after dinner.  I only bought one skein of yarn for a scarf, but I fondled a lot of yarn. Got some really cool ideas.



And finally, I finished a quilt that I will be teaching at Let's Quilt in the summer. (Let's Quilt moved from Oregon City to West Linn in January.  It's much closer to my house and I'm so excited.)  When I finish writing the pattern, it will be available on the www.mobquilts.com website.  


It's called, "In Honor of Blue Star Mothers."  It's more traditional than my usual, but I was in the mood for it.  As always, I learned a couple of things while making this.  And I can always use another patriotic quilt.  

Next time:  Why I love my small quilt group.  

Enjoy spring! 

Candy


No comments:

Post a Comment