Wednesday, November 20, 2013

It's Not Cheating To Do It the Easy Way

The run -up to the holidays has started and I formally announce that it's not cheating to do it the easy way.

The end-of-year holidays are supposed to be fun.  Sometimes being the Mom, Dad, Host or Hostess kind of sucks the fun out of it.  I'm pretty sure that too much to do, too many projects, too much stress and feeling crabby while waiting for it to be over is not the point.  Just keep saying to yourself, "I have nothing to prove." And let 'em make their own sandwiches.

While cleaning some stuff out, I came across a very simple runner pattern in the October, 2000 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting.  I had saved the pattern many years ago and filed it away.  The border fabric I used is actually what's pictured in the magazine.  I really loved it and bought a bunch as I knew it would eventually go away. The project was quick and easy and I did only the most basic of quilting in about an hour.  I trimmed the batting and backing separately so I could just fold the backing over the front to finish instead of cutting separate binding.



It will live on my kitchen table for a few weeks.
Is it original?  No
Is every point perfect? No
Is every quilting stitch where it should be?  No
Will something probably get spilled on it?  Hey, it's me.  Of course.
Will I worry about any of the above?  NO

It was quick.  It was fun.  It's cute.  End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment