Friday, July 22, 2016

Notes From Home


I find I often ask where the time goes.  I didn’t have a lot on the calendar this week, so I thought I’d get a lot of quilting done.  I also thought maybe if I kept track of what I actually did, it would help me become more organized.  I wrote myself some little notes on a calendar.  Sadly, I not only wrote on next week’s pages, but half the stuff I wrote, I can’t read.
I did, however, come to a few conclusions.  Going the grocery store every day is not all that efficient.  I know people who make menus for the week and shop all at once.  I may have to give that a shot.  Explaining to an 80 pound poodle why I don’t want him to pee on the new hydrangeas might be an exercise in futility.  It turns out he really doesn’t care, listens to the nice music in his head and gives me one of these.
DSCN1400
There’s always a load to throw in the washer, some weeds to be pulled, pots to be watered and veggies to be picked (3 cucumbers and a yellow squash to be exact).
DSCN1482
Apparently, the trick is to just do it and get back to the sewing machine as opposed to reading a new quilting catalog or trying to figure out if the avocado I bought last week is too far gone to make guac.  I’ll be working on that.
Then there is the unexpected.  Who knew I would have to go collect Sweet Husband after a trip to the dentist wound up being a bit of oral surgery and I needed to go pick up his slightly anesthetized self.  And what are all these people doing on the freeway at one in the afternoon?  Not to mention the fact that Google Maps sent me to the wrong address.  These are the things that the best laid plans cannot factor in.  Buck up, Sweetie, that’s life.  BTW, Sweet Husband is fine.  We went to pick up his car this morning and on the way home I stopped at Joann’s for a new pin cushion, and Starbuck’s, and what are all these people doing on the freeway at 10 in the morning?  I think you see my problem.
Through all this nonsense, I actually did some quilting stuff.  I finished quilting this Hawaiian quilt that was a Pacific Rim pattern.  It’s hand appliquéd and machine quilted.  It’s been worked on here and there for a few years and all it needs is binding.
DSCN1474

Also worked on Calendula Patterdrip’s Cottage.  It’s a Crab-Apple Hill pattern that I saw made up in a quilt shop in Bend, OR four or five years ago. It’s quite large and hand embroidered.  I probably should have started with something smaller, but there’s light at the end of the tunnel now and I’m excited to finish it.
DSCN1478
I’ve just picked these fabrics for a fall quilt pattern.  I didn’t used to like purple, but I love it now mixed in with fall colors.
DSCN1477
Reading this post over, I now realize that I need someone to do my errands, do the wash, water the plants and treat the dogs (also, keep Toby out of the hydrangeas).  Also, I could use some help staying on task.  If you know anyone who will work for fabric, let me know.
Quilt for fun.
Candy

Don't be selfish, Share!

Share to Facebook
Share to Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment