Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Try, Try Again

It’s a beautiful, cloudless fall day, the kind that makes me think, “We don’t need any cold, wet winter.  Let’s just do this until spring.”  Okay, yes, we need winter.  But I’m going to enjoy the heck out of this while I can.  Also, sunny days make me more energetic so I need to take advantage of that.
On that note, I remade the very marginal winter cabin I put up last week to some thing I like much better.  It involved buying fabric because even though I have a big stash, it doesn’t always have what I need.
DSC_0343
So far it’s only been fused and I’m looking forward to adding some detail and quilting it.  The ultimate plan is to put a house block on each end of a runner and have the center be the fabric on the border of this block.  This way I won’t hide a block under the candles or flowers or whatever the centerpiece of the table might be.  It’ll probably be a week or so before this is finished as I have a couple of Halloween projects to finish.  I’ll show the block as I go along.
For those who are spider phobic, stop reading now and go to our Shopping Page at www.mobquilts.com.  We’d love for you to make one of our patterns and show us your work so we can show it on the Gallery Page.
So here’s the deal:  it’s fall and we have spiders.  They use my garden decor to anchor their webs and catch lots of bugs that I don’t really want in my house.  (It’s still warm enough to leave doors open for the dogs.)  The spiders are industrious little guys and there’s always the possibility of getting a neat picture of a web on a damp morning.
IMG_0790
This one has caught some dinner and seems to be doing a little repair work on the web.
IMG_0792
This big boy’s (or girl’s) web shows up a little better against the bricks.  Nothing currently caught in the web, but he doesn’t look like he waits to eat.  This concludes the bug portion of the blog.
Thank you for indulging my “Nature Moment.”
There’s still time for an Autumn themed quilt and we have some ideas for that on the Shopping Page.
If you have an idea for a quilt pattern you’d like us to create, let us know at www.mobquilts.com or motheronabroomstick@gmail.com


Don't be selfish, Share!

Share to Facebook
Share to Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment