Thursday, March 27, 2014

And Now For Spring

It's finally spring.  I know this because:
1.  The calendar says so.
2.  The neighborhood is alive with the sound of pressure washers.
3.  The sun came out and the ice cream truck came by.

Somebody's johnny-on-the-spot.  I've never heard the ice cream man before May.

My first tulip of the season bloomed a couple of days ago

.

 There are lots more buds and I'm looking forward to a bright garden.

I only have three hyacinths.  They have the most intoxicating scent of spring.  I go out every day and take a big whiff of them.  My neighbors must surely wonder about me.


Next fall I'll plant more hyacinths and some daffodils.  I'll put it on my calendar for fall so I don't forget like I usually do.

There are some other signs of spring, like the re-flowering of nurseries.



And of course our ever-changing spring weather.  Don't like what it's doing now?  Give it ten minutes.

I took these over about a half hour's time.

 A sunny morning clouded over like this.



And then it rained so hard, I'm surprised there were petals left on Tulips.

The rain only lasted about five minutes. 

 And then the sun broke through.

I'm not sure if this brilliant shade of green only happens in the early spring or if I just get used to it as other plants leaf out.  I'd really hate to think I take it for granted.

Work on the Wedding Quilt continues.  I've assigned myself a realistic goal for each day taking into consideration that this is not the only item on my to-do list.  I'm making progress and not freaking out and that is definite progress.



If you've looked at the website in the last couple of weeks, you know that it's down.  The new and improved website will be up soon.  I'm getting professional help (for the website), and am excited to have one that I can handle.  I like to think that I can learn most anything, but I want to spend my time on the things that I love to do.  It makes more sense to spend time quilting.

Speaking of quilting, there's a new pattern I'm working on called "Margaritas and Daquiris."  Like "Pink Lemonade" it's a quick and easy one for summer.  Pictures next time.

Quilt Because It's Fun!

Candy





No comments:

Post a Comment