Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I have decided to let it be fall.  I actually really like fall, but I hate to let go of summer.  In summer I can leave the door open and Toby & Ella can go in and out at will.  Please believe me when I tell you that they have a lot of will.  Now that it's really chilly outside, letting them in and out is actually a part time job.  Jingle bells hang on the back door so they can call me when they need to go out.  Sometimes they ring them just to see me come downstairs and see if they can get a treat.

The really cool part of fall is the color.  The trees here don't give as spectacular a show as the northeast and midwest.  However, we do have our moments.



Now that the nights are actually working their way down to cold, it's time to pick the last of the tomatoes.  The flavor of home grown tomatoes is a whole different thing from supermarket tomatoes.  And fried greens are always a big hit around here.  Yet what really speaks to me are the colors.



I'm not sure what I would do with a tomato quilt.  Not that this is an issue that's ever stopped me before.  Still, those orangey reds and bright greens and deep green stems are trying to tell me something. 





At least I know what he's trying to tell me - "I want to go out.  I want to come in. I want to gossip with my friends.  I want to lay over the threshold of an open door.  I don't think 40 is cold.  It's not my fault that you don't come with your own fur coat!"

Spend some time this week enjoying the season.

Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment